This policy is effective from 22.05.2018.
By visiting or using our Sites, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you are consenting to us gathering and processing information about you in accordance with this Policy, although consent may not be required for all of the elements described in this Policy.
For particular types of information or processing, we may provide you with choices or request your further consent related to what information we collect and how we may process it.
Third parties such as social networks or review websites and apps that you use in connection with our Site may also collect, use, and share information about you. This Policy does not cover such third parties or their services and we do not take any responsibility for how such third parties may use any information they collect. For information about third-party privacy practices, please consult with them directly.
clueQuest Ltd. reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time by updating this page. Amendments will take effect when posted on the Website and clueQuest Social Media. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
4. What we collect via our website
When ordering vouchers and merchandise or creating a booking via our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, postal address, phone number or other details which are required in order for us to provide the service.
We may also collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, enter a competition, contact our customer service team or provide us with feedback on our products or services.
Please note that clueQuest may collect sensitive personal information from you in the course of providing goods and/or services to you (in particular, information as to whether you have a disability).
All personal information that we may require will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
5. How we use your personal information
We use your data to provide you, and other clueQuest Agents, great services. That includes doing things like:
- Improving our products and services for you and other customers including managing the Site to ensure everyone gets the best experience, performing market research to understand our customer’s views, reaching out for feedback and testimonials and personalising our experiences to make our service more intuitive & engaging
- Providing you with the products and services you have selected, keeping you up-to-date and informed and responding to your enquiries such as notifying you when you in case of business disruptions, confirming your booking and sending you your team photos, or highlighting clueQuest promotions and competitions we think you will be interested in;
- Legal, regulatory or business reasons such as assisting with crime and fraud prevention and ensuring we provide the products and services you have selected.
5.1 TripAdvisor Review Express
We may also use the email provided during booking to forward you a review request after your experience via TripAdvisor’s Review Express service.
TripAdvisor recognises the value and importance in protecting our guests’ information therefore, email addresses submitted for Review Express are not used for any other purpose and you will not be subscribed to general TripAdvisor email campaigns.
If you are not comfortable with us using Review Express to contact you for a review after a game, then please do not tick this box when prompted to or, in case you you ticked the box but changed your mind, let us know in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after booking with us.
5.2 Sensitive personal information
If you provide us with sensitive personal information such as that relating to a disability we will use this for the purpose of facilitating your visit at our premises and making sure that you get the best experience.
6. How long we keep your personal information
We keep information while you're our customer and after you've left us.
We use your information to provide you with the products and services you have selected and for a variety of other reasons.
For example, we might need to sort out disagreements, stop fraud and abuse, prove that you had a booking with us or follow our legal obligations. Or the police may need it as evidence. We may also keep information about how you use our products or services.
In each case, the length of time that we need to keep the information may be different, but we will only keep the information for as long as we need it.
We have a legal obligation to keep data about our invoices for 3 years. This includes the name of the person who paid for the invoice/booking, their contact details (phone number and email), the name of the company on whose behalf they have made the booking (if applicable), the time and date of the booking and the amount paid to clueQuest Ltd for the service.
7. How we protect your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible. We also use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or when we accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider (PayPal) and financial details are not stored or processed on our servers.
Should a data breach occur, we will notify you via email within 1 business day.
We collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Third parties may also view, edit, or set their own cookies.
Cookies are used to enhance your experience of the Website and clueQuest Social Media and to provide certain facilities on the Website and Social Media. For example, session cookies allow you to carry information across pages of the Website and Social Media when booking a game with us, and avoid you having to re-enter information.
We also use session cookies to collect information about your device including its IP address (a unique identifier of your device), operating system and browser type. This helps us ensure that content from the Website and clueQuest Social Media is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device. We also collect information about browsing actions and patterns.
8.1 Third party cookies
We work with third-parties that place cookies on our Sites to provide their services, including:
- Analytics/Measurement: we use third-party analytics cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the Sites, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimize and improve our Sites and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our Sites. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our Sites after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites.
- Remarketing Pixel Tags: we may share website usage information about visitors to our Sites with third-party advertising companies for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis on our Sites and other sites. For these purposes, we and our third-party advertising companies may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on some of the pages you visit on our Sites. We will then use the non-personally identifiable information that is collected using these pixel tags to serve you relevant advertisements when you are visiting other sites on the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to specific searches you conducted on our Site during earlier browsing sessions.
8.2 Deactivating cookies
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser settings. Since all browsers are a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie preferences.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. This won't affect, however, your user experience nor make your experience on our Site less efficient.
9. Third party disclosure
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
10. Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include, link to or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
11. Your rights
- To update your personal data. You can update or amend your information by contacting us via email@example.com or writing to us at clueQuest Ltd, 169-171 Caledonian Road, London, N1 0SL;
- To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain it;
- To get a free copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you have provided to us) is available in a machine-readable format if required;
- To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- To review some automated decision-making or profiling (automated processing to determine certain things about you);
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
To exercise any of your rights, you will need to contact our customer care team . You will need to provide the following information so that we can verify your identity:
- a colour copy of your passport, driving licence, birth certificate or utility bill;
- a booking confirmation reference number
clueQuest is required to respond to your request within 1 month. Where requests are complex and excessive, we are permitted an additional 2 months to process your request. However, in these circumstances we would provide an update on your request within 1 month of receiving it.
When requesting a copy of your personal data, you can also do this via post.
clueQuest reserves the right to charge an admin fee or refuse a request where requests for data are clearly unreasonable or excessive, particularly if they are repetitive.
12. How to contact us
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries with us in relation to your information, you can contact us by using the information below.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 (0) 7798 772 382 (Mon - Fri, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm)
- Address: clueQuest Ltd, 169 - 171 Caledonian Road, London, N1 0SL