I have a question about:
The game & missions
- clueQuest is a real-life escape game where teams of 3-5 players have to race against time to complete a mission using common sense, logic and teamwork.
- There are three missions available: PLAN52, Operation BlackSheep and Revenge of the Sheep, linked by a storyline. To learn more about the game and the story behind the missions please refer to our corresponding website section on the top.
- There are NO fear factors or hard physical activities involved in the game.
- Our staff’s dedication to looking after every team, from the beginning of their experience until after their escape, as well as the game play and design have brought us the ranking of UK’s number one escape game, based on TripAdvisor customer reviews.
- Our games feature custom built props and gadgets which enhance player experience and bring the storyline to life.
- We are a quirky and affordable option for team buildings or family & friends outings. Our briefing area is designed to comfortably accommodate both small teams as well as larger groups of up to 54 people during one time slot.
- For the purpose of following the storyline, we recommend playing our missions in this order: PLAN52 - Operation BlackSheep - Revenge of the Sheep. However, should you decide to play them in a different order, as they have strong standalone stories, the experience will remain just as enjoyable.
- PLAN52 is our original mission with the red box* (*this remark only makes sense if you have already played it) If you are new to escape games, it is recommended that you begin with this one.
- Operation BlackSheep is our second challenge which will take you to a new universe with new clues and mysteries. This mission is also suitable for new players.
- Revenge of the Sheep is our newest mission and is designed as an expert level game. We do not wish to discourage you from taking on this challenge, but please be aware that first time players may not be able to enjoy the mission to the fullest extent. Please also be mindful that young children may have trouble with some of the puzzles in this room especially if they are unaccompanied by an adult.
- The whole experience will last around 80 to 90 minutes.
- You will spend around 60 minutes in the room (the maximum given time), however, a short briefing will be made before the game and we would love if, after your escape, you could share your experience with us while we take your photo, deal with any ordered merchandise and get your signature in our photo guestbook.
- Please arrive around the scheduled time for your booking. In case you are running late, please get in touch. Thank you for your understanding.
- clueQuest is a fun game for all ages, although children under the age of 9 might find it challenging and confusing.
- For teams of children under 16 must we require the supervision of one adult per team (e.g. for three teams of children,three adults will be required to join them in the escape rooms). For more information, please check our Terms & Conditions.
- TripAdvisor.co.uk ranks us the #1 Activity in London based on customer reviews.
- The Telegraph featured clueQuest as No1 in their Five things to do in London this weekend online article.
- Londonist.com reviewed Plan52 and recommend us on their website here.
- Londontown.com escaped in July and you can read all about their escape here.
- Le Cool London recommend us on their website here.
- Puzzle author and television game show consultant, David J Bodycombe, came along and enjoyed his escape.
- For more ratings and reviews join our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
Booking & group size
- Browse remaining availability via our booking calendar - your escape is just a few clicks away! :)
- Numbers in the booking calendar represent the available number of games at a time slot.
- E.g. if you see 3, that means at that time there are three escape units available at the same time.
- 0 means that the time slot is booked out.
- The three numbers next to each other (yellow on black, black on yellow and white on red) represent the different games.
- Click on the number and click on the game (E.g. PLAN52 Unit 1) which will be automatically added to your cart.
- Feel free to add multiple games to your cart.
- Once you have added all time slots to your cart, please choose the team sizes and merchandise. The price will be calculated automatically.
- The next step is to scroll down and fill in the contact details.
- When you are ready click on the Checkout button and you will be transferred to PayPal's website.
- Once you have paid with a credit/debit card or a PayPal account you will be transferred to a success page displaying your booking details and other important information.
- Please note that if you are not transferred to the success page after making a payment then your booking may not be successful. In this case no payment is taken from your account. Please wait 20 Minutes while our system releases the slot and try to book again.
- Please check and read your booking confirmation email.
- In order to enjoy a full experience, please arrive on time for your scheduled game start (this can be found in your booking confirmation link).
- In case you are running late, please let us know as soon as possible at +44 779 877 2382.
- For more information and our policy regarding running late, please check our Terms & Conditions
- If you are hoping for a drop-in session or couldn't find any available game slot(s) for your team(s) in the upcoming weeks please CLICK HERE
- Please enter your details through the link and although the chances are low, we will get in touch if anything opens up
- Thank you for your understanding.
- clueQuest prices start from £24 per person (incl. VAT). For our full price list, please refer to our booking section.
- Please note that clueQuest is a live experience - like cinema or theater. For more information please check our Terms & Conditions.
- All our missions - PLAN52, Operation BlackSheep and Revenge of the Sheep- have been designed for teams of three up to five players. This is based on the number of mysteries and puzzles that need to be solved within 60 minutes.
- However, teams of two and teams of six have also taken up the challenge and had great fun! :-)
Teams of two
- Escaping in 60 Minutes has proven quite challenging so far for teams of two, but, as mentioned above, a good challenge can mean loads of fun!
- We will, of course, do our best to make your experience as enjoyable as possible and to show our appreciation for taking up the challenge in two, you will receive each, FREE personalised fridge magnets (worth £4,99) automatically after your escape.
- At the moment we do not have a set price for a team of two. Should you still consider taking on the challenge, we would kindly ask you to book a 3 Persons game. Thank you for your understanding.
Teams of six
- As mentioned above, we already had many teams of six enjoying clueQuest, therefore, six people can either book two units for two teams of three (the most advisable option) or book just one unit for five players and send us an email request to add an extra person (Off peak time: £24 / Peak time: £27- both prices already include VAT) to the team.
- Fun fact: based on past observations, we found that, somehow, teams of six find it more difficult to escape in time than smaller teams do. We are still clueless about the reasons ;-)
- Background music and also use sound effects are played during the games; two of our missions (PLAN52 & Operation BlackSheep) can be solved without hearing the audio; Please note that Revenge of the Sheep may not be suitable for players with hearing impairments.
- Neither of our games are suitable for players with severe visual impairments.
- Should you have any special requirements, please let us know upon booking your game and we will do our best to make your experience is as enjoyable as possible.
- Our ground floor rooms and bathroom facilities are wheelchair - accessible via a platform stairlift. Please note that the stairlift does not support mobility scooters and that the maximum combined weight allowed is 225kg.
- We have baby changing facilities available, please let your game host know on the day if you require the use of this facility.
- We can confirm that there are no physical challenges or fear factors involved. clueQuest is all about engaging with your team and having fun while finding clues and solving puzzles in a clean and safe environment so expecting Mums can also enjoy the experience.
- In all the rooms there is somewhere to sit down and, as a safety measure, players can exit the rooms at any time during the game in case of an emergency.
- We had claustrophobic players in the past enjoying clueQuest. Our escape units are based in fair-sized rooms but, of course, personal experiences may vary depending on the degree of claustrophobia (mild or severe).
- The game rooms can be left at any time during the game by pressing the "Back to reality" button which will immediately unlock the door.
- The ceiling is quite high (2.70 meters) and the rooms are of a decent size.
- Address: clueQuest ltd., 169-171 Caledonian Road, London, N1 0SL
- For GPS, please use the post code: N1 0SL
- King's Cross St Pancras is the nearest underground and train station ( 11 -14 Minutes walk)
- For a map on how to reach us click - Click here!
- Carnegie Street (Bus Stop L): buses 17, 91, 259, N91
- To plan your bus or underground journey or to check for service updates or line closures, please use the official Transport for London website, tfl.gov.uk.
- To plan your train journey and buy online tickets please visit www.thetrainline.com
- In your GPS please enter 169-171 Caledonian Road, London, N1 0SL
- We are not in the congestion charge zone
- Please be aware that only limited public parking is available
- We would recommend to plan your parking in advance on parkopedia.co.uk by clicking, here.
- Please ring the clueQuest button on the intercom and one of our game hosts will open the door and check you in.
- If you arrive earlier than your scheduled time you can relax in our briefing area and get ready for your mission.