Join our team
At clueQuest we believe in the power of teamwork... and laser beams. Our immersive experiences bring all generations together which is why we are currently London's best live escape game.
Part of what makes us who we are today is owed to our amazing team of game hosts and operations officers. So if you believe that you would make a great addition to our (growing) family, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to be part of a fun yet professional team, check our current positions below and get in touch via email@example.com quoting the position you are interested in.
Description: Operations Officer
Number of positions: 1
Hours: full-time (weekends & evenings included)
As a Company who holds a Certificate of Excellence on TripAdvisor, we pride ourselves on being a great place to play and work. Therefore, we are offering a position where you will have the freedom to allow your creative, customer focused, can-do attitude to thrive and make a real impact on our customer experience in this exciting field of entertainment and team building.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Operations Officer which is essentially a team supervisor role. This is a key position within the company as you would be responsible for supporting the senior management team to ensure excellent customer service standards are maintained and operational activities run smoothly and efficiently.
We require someone to work full-time (40 hours per week) on a rota basis to include evenings and weekends.
As part of the role, you must be confident and proactive in providing leadership, training and supervision to a dedicated team of game hosts. You will also have a good working knowledge of employee relations, management, quality control and team performance.
- Undertake full line management responsibilities of a dedicated “squad”.
- Lead shifts and provide the necessary day to day supervisory support to the business
- Act as first port of call for all escalated customer relations matters, making final decisions for game hosts as required.
- Attend weekly Operational Meetings with peers and senior management to discuss operational activity, address any concerns and input into the Company plans.
- Act as a brand ambassador to lead employees towards the attainment of shared company goals.
- Assist with and take responsibility for the health and safety of employees and customers.
- Take on Gamesmaker duties as required to provide cover for holidays, sickness and during busy periods.
- Work closely with the Company trainers to train new and existing employees; ensuring they are fully up to date with our gaming operation.
- Monitor and manage the performance of employees
- Manage the quality control process for your squad ensuring that areas of improvement are swiftly dealt with.
- Ensure that company information is communicated to team members.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and tasks as required by the operation and senior management.
- You have supervisory experience and are confident in undertaking people management duties.
- You have relevant customer service experience and thrive on making the customer happy.
- You have exceptional time keeping, are reliable and hard-working with good attention to detail.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have the ability to identify problems and use your initiative to come up with solutions
- You are flexible and willing to do shift work including evenings and weekends.
- You have bags of charisma, are enthusiastic with a proactive personality and ‘can do’ approach.
- You have the ability to build good working relationships with team members and customers.
- You can remain calm and resilient while under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- You have the ability to respond to a diverse range of work-based scenarios.
What we offer:
- Experience of working in a dynamic and fun company.
- Fully bespoke and in depth on the job training.
- Team building and staff competitions.
- Career development opportunities.
- Competitive pay.
If this sounds like a challenge that you would be up for and if you feel that you have the right level of experience and knowledge to make a positive impact, then please send a copy of your updated CV and a one page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements and why you would like to be part of our team.
All applications should be addressed to Mr Q and only applications with both CV and cover letter will be taken into consideration.
We will be turning around interviews quickly so you must be available to attend an interview at short notice with the ability to start ideally in May 2017.