Team Leader is a key position within the company as you would be responsible for supporting the senior management team to ensure excellent customer service standards are maintained and operational activities run smoothly and efficiently.
We require someone to work full-time (40 hours per week) on a rota basis to include evenings and weekends.
As part of the role, you must be confident and proactive in providing leadership, training and supervision to a dedicated team of game hosts. You will also have a good working knowledge of employee relations, management, quality control and team performance.
Excellent problem solving and people management skills are essential, being able to engage others is key. A successful team leader will be able to come up with innovation ideas and act proactively.
- Creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Motivating team members
- Decision making skills: able to solve problems individually but also knows when to escalate issues
- Undertake full line management responsibilities of a dedicated “squad”.
- Lead shifts and provide the necessary day to day supervisory support to the business
- Act as first point of contact for all escalated customer relations matters, making final decisions for game hosts as required.
- Attend weekly Operational Meetings with peers and senior management to discuss operational activity, address any concerns and input into the Company plans.
- Act as a brand ambassador to lead employees towards the attainment of shared company goals.
- Assist with and take responsibility for the health and safety of employees and customers.
- Take on Gamesmaker duties as required to provide cover for holidays, sickness and during busy periods.
- Train new and existing employees; ensuring they are fully up to date with our operation.
- Performance management of employees and feedback
- Manage the quality control process for your squad ensuring that areas of improvement are swiftly dealt with.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and tasks as required by the operation and senior management.
- You have supervisory experience and are confident in undertaking people management duties.
- You have relevant customer service experience and thrive on making the customer happy.
- You have exceptional time keeping, are reliable and hard-working with good attention to detail.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have the ability to identify problems and use your initiative to come up with solutions
- You are flexible and willing to do shift work including evenings and weekends.
- You have bags of charisma, are enthusiastic with a proactive personality and ‘can do’ approach.
- You have the ability to build good working relationships with team members and customers.
- You can remain calm and resilient while under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- You have the ability to respond to a diverse range of work-based scenarios.
What we offer
- Experience of working in a dynamic and fun company.
- Fully bespoke and in depth on the job training.
- Team building and staff competitions.
- Career development opportunities.
- Competitive pay.
Please note that our interview process is comprised of three stages:
Interview with Management at our HQ near King’s Cross + Game
Only successful applicants with both CV and a cover letter will be contacted for Stage I. If you believe that you are the right candidate for this new and exciting role and feel that you you’ll bring energy and enthusiasm to the team, apply today by sending your CV with a cover letter addressed to our fictional boss, Mr Q. Good luck! :)
Job type: Full time
Salary: £24,000.00 / year
Education: Secondary education*
Location: London, Greater London*